We advise technology companies, entrepreneurs, investors, manufacturers, private investment funds, lenders, borrowers and purchasers and sellers of goods and services in a variety of corporate, commercial and securities transactions. These transactions include:
- Choice, organization and governance of domestic and foreign corporations, limited liability companies and pooled investment vehicles;
- Domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions of corporations and limited liability companies, including divisions, branch offices and subsidiaries;
- Raising of capital in private transactions, registration and deregistration of companies with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and periodic reporting under the securities laws;
- Compliance by broker-dealers and hedge funds with applicable securities laws; and
- Business transactions that include technology development and licensing, cross-border outsourcing, distribution and other representation contracts, purchase and sale of goods and services, asset-based lending, employment and independent contractors contracts, conveyance and leasing of commercial real estate (including transactions involving environmental problems, defeasance mortgages, and complex options), complex international trade payment, transportation and regulatory issues.
We work closely with several emerging companies through all phases of their development and act as their general counsel.
We assist foreign businesses with doing business in the U.S., and U.S. businesses doing business outside of the U.S.