The attorneys at Lazare Potter Giacovas & Moyle represent, among other clients, commercial banking institutions, investment banks, thrift institutions, and other financial institutions, as well as domestic and foreign investors, partnerships, and corporations in all aspects of real estate financings, including construction loans, commercial mortgage loans of all types, and residential mortgage loans. Our attorneys work on transactions involving the purchase, sale, construction, financing, development, management and operation of commercial, industrial, and residential projects throughout the United States; the public and private offering of various types of real estate securities; leasing on behalf of landlords and tenants; real estate litigation and foreclosure actions; and restructurings on behalf of lenders and borrowers.
Our attorneys are also experienced in all aspects of consumer real estate transactions, including the purchase and sale of residential homes, condominiums, and cooperative apartments, the closing of consumer mortgage loans, and the compliance requirements applicable to such transactions.
Specifically, our transactional attorneys have:
- Negotiated, drafted and reviewed all manner of commercial leases;
- Represented lending institutions and property owners with financing in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, Florida, and Georgia, among others;
- Represented lenders and buyers in connection with acquisition financing of office buildings, mixed-use buildings, shopping malls, condominium buildings, multi-family dwellings, and single family homes;
- Represented interrelated companies in connection with a blanket refinance and line of credit secured by commercial properties in Manhattan and the Bronx;
- Represented a multinational bank in connection with the termination of their portfolio loans;
- Represented a lender in connection with unrecognized financing of a cooperative apartment;
- Represented a banking corporation in connection with assignments, modifications, and amendments to existing financing;
- Represented Executors of estates in selling off properties held by the estate;
- Represented purchasers on the acquisition of their primary residences;
- Represented a mortgage company in closing loans to be sold on the secondary market;
- Represented buyers and sellers of environmentally contaminated land;
- Represented sellers of office buildings; and
- Represented buyers and sellers in Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 like-kind exchange and reverse exchange transactions.